Tuesday, January 20, 2009

Bye Intel Cavite

Intel Philippines was part of the first batch of Intel sites to be established outside the US. It's been in the Philippines for more than 35 years now. More than half of that time they were in Makati and around a 12 years ago, Intel Philippines planted its roots in General Trias Cavite.

IMG_2185


A strong sense of corporate social responsibility, plenty of parking space and well equipped engineering cubicles is how I remember my visit there.

IMG_0977


This year is when Intel Philippines closes its doors and turns off its lights in Cavite. Time to halt microprocessor production. Time for all of its Pinoy folks to share their exceptional skills elsewhere. Time to rest. Time to move on.

08022006(004)


What else is there to say - Farewell.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

one door will close....and another door will be open for a brighter future of Intel Cavite employees....as an individual i'd rather have my own business than to be forever employed. Intel Cavite closure is not an end for all of us but a challenge for us to seek a better opportunity...mitz lopez at your service e mail me at mitzlopez@yahoo.com or contact me at 09297251651 for those who're looking for a better opportunity.

Anonymous said...

....i agree with you ms. lopez! so Intel Cavite employees another opportunity is knocking at your door!!!!! no harm in trying this one coz you've already invested years of your life for Intel for what?coz if you don't, we will!!!!

Chris Tannery said...

I heard such news a few weeks back about this but it's only now that I actually get to see an article or someone posting on this subject. This is sad news indeed.

Haven't really cared much about Intel processors the past few years, but after Apple switched from IBM RISC to Intel processors my interest in the latest goodies from Intel has been rekindled.

I would bet my 2x4-core mac's processors say made in Philippines on them.