At last, after many many years, Pulo-Diezmo road in Cabuyao is being rehabilitated thanks to their mayor, the upcoming national elections and the construction of Malayan Colleges Laguna (MCL). MCL will be part of the soon to be Malayan University which includes Mapua Instutute of Technology in Intramuros (a.k.a. Intramuros Campus) and Mapua Makati Campus.
Previous rehabilitation works of Pulo-Diezmo road were all band-aid fixes. They just smoothen the road by adding an inch of asphalt. After a few months, the road once again become horribly rough (not an exagerration), the traffic slows down to less that 10Km per hour and everybody starts @#%&*#$.
Fact: Pulo-Diezmo Road turns to "Pulo-Diezmo River" everytime it rains. The water destroys the road.
- I hope this time the municipal engineer's office add a drainage system along the road.
- I hope the Yuchengco Group of Companies, owner of Malayan University and Rizal Commercial Banking Corporation (RCBC), let the local government know that vehicle volume along this road will increase when their Laguna Campus open in June 2007.
- I hope the municipal engineer's office solve the problem quick. The engineering students of the new university may discover the solution earlier than they do. It would be a shame.
- I hope Science Park Cabuyao officials talk to the local governement to tell them the importance of this road to the companies located inside the park. These companies generate income for Cabuyao and jobs to its locals.
- I hope they complete rehab works before the rainy season starts.
If you are going to Cabuyao, use Santa Rosa Exit and head for Balibago then Cabuyao. If you are closer to Baranggay Pulo, take Mayapa Exit.