Waaah! To the doctor very quick!
I drove to the hospital with my wife and daughter, parked at the parking lot and limped slowly to the emergency room. The nurse said "Tatay, ano po ang nangyari?" In my mind I was saying "That's not polite miss, I'm not that old. Huhu. Wala pa akong apo. Four years old pa lang ako... este... ang baby ko." So I told her "Natapilok PO." After a few minutes, the resident doctor asked me "Ano po ang nangyari kuya?" Not that's a lot better! X-ray revealed that there were no broken bones. It was a sprained ankle. The doctor used a splint to restrict movement of my ankle. I was also advised to keep my leg up. With my left leg restricted from moving, my wife drove us home. Daily bathing became a chore. I have to lift my leg high up all the time like some porn star to prevent the splint from getting wet. My wife bought an office chair with casters (wheels) so I can move around the house. I'm on sick leave for a week so I just log to my company's intranet, instant messaging and e-mail system to catch up with what's happening at work.
Today is my wife's birthday. I'm a bit sad that we can't go out tonight to have a little celebration.
"Happy birthday, dear. What would I do without you. You've been a great partner all these years. I love you."
Manghihilot vs. Doctor
- Gentle pressure on the injured area to know where the pain is. Stops after knowing where it hurts and where it doesn't.
- Subjects you to an X-ray test to see why it hurts.
- Uses a splint or cast to prevent movement and hasten recovery.
- Maxicare health card accepted. No cash needed.
- Massages your sprain with mystical oils where it hurts until your eyes pop out.
- Asks you to move the injured part as normal as possible to fix any misaligned nerve or tendon.
- If the swelling persists, go to the place where you had an accident and collect some leaves or soil so she can reverse the curse that may have been cast by unseen creatures.
- Maxicare health card not accepted. Cash needed.
How I wish my ankle would fully recover by Saturday for Blog Parteeh '07, the largest Philippine blogger meet-up ever organized by bloggers for bloggers. It would be a great opportunity to learn from the probloggers and blog heavy-weights of the Philippines. Teka nga pala, wala pa pala akong invitation. I hope I qualify and get invited because I also want to win any of theses prizes:
- iPod Video 5.5 Gen 30GB
- JBL Creature II 3-piece speaker system
- Belkin F8N044 Notebook Cushtop (courtesy of Microwarehouse Inc.)
- 5 iPod/Palm gadget beanbags (couresty of Microwarehouse Inc.)
- 50 half-dozen boxes of Krispy Kremes
- 5 double dozen Krispy Kreme Gift Certificates (Php550 each)
- Php2,500 Gift Certificates for Bubba Gump
- Google / Blogger Products
- 2 IT Books
- 2 T-Shirts
- 1 SIM Backup
- and more...
Here are some details about the event.
What: Blog Parteeh! 2007
When: January 27, 2007 2:00 p.m. to 8:00 p.m.
Who: All Philippine-based and active bloggers
6th Floor (Poolside Area)
Classica Tower 2 Condominium
HV dela Costa St., Salcedo Village,
Makati City 1200
This event is sponsored by: Sheero Media Solutions, MyJournal Philippines, FeedText, Inc., Migs Paraz, A Bugged Life, The Blog Herald, b5media blog network, About My Recovery, Pinoy.Tech.Blog, Enthropia, Inc., Krispy Kreme Philippines, GMA New Media, Awesome Philippines, Codamon.com, Boracay.com.ph, Recipes.com.ph, WebMaster.com.ph, Bouncing Red Ball, Bo Sanchez, Microwarehouse Inc.
Marc Javellana, Bubba Gump, e-YellowPages, Adobe User Group - Philippines, http://weddingsatwork.com, Google Philippines, Hinge Inquirer Publications, Andrew dela Serna
Technorati Tag: blogparteeh07
To the steering committe, if I do qualify e-mail me here